KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS #12130 MINUTES
Called to order by Merlyn W, Grand Knight, at 7:05pm.
Officer Roll Call
- Filling in for Travis as Recorder – many thanks, Phil, for helping.
- Paul M (treasurer)
- Paul H
- Dave W
No chaplain in attendance; Forwent chaplains message.
Motion to wave reading of minutes, as they’re posted on the website. Made by Dave W; Second by Kendall. Motion passed.
- Next meeting planned for gym, with Rosary and Mass
- Octoberfest theme planned – Brats, etc.
- Encouragement offered for all Knights to pursue advanced degrees
- Sam S has become 4th degree
- Encouragement to resume focus on recruiting new Knights
District Deputy Report
- State is encouraging early submission of reports. Never too early.
- State has cancelled several programs for this year (free throw, spelling bee, etc.)
- Leave no Neighbor Behind should continue to be our focus
- Catholic Charities has a program for Derecho relief; More details to come
- State has issued CPID guidelines with Covid considerations
Treasurers Report – Paul M
- 10,084 in cash accounts
- 17,433 in CD
- 15,357 in Geneser scholarship account
- An anonymous donor has donated 1000 (included in cash account balance)
- Open question as to whether a letter for donations should be provided (for tax purposes)
- Checks about to be send to scholarship recipients using list provided by Merlyn
No current plan for officer meeting
- Ghana scholarship – $2500 vote held in August, this is the confirmation vote. We’ve supported these kids for several years now.
- Motion by Kendall, second by Dave W, to approve the $2500 for Ghana scholarships. Motion Passed.
- Breakfast plans on hold
- Possible to-go option discussed
- Larry to follow up on possible numbers and date
- InnerVisions Dinner Dance
- Recently at Jasper Winery
- Our council donated several items
- Approximately $40,000 raised
- Joe H recognized with Knight of the Year award
- Recent Don’t Worry, Retire Happy webinar (Steve Tatz)
- 2000 attendees; 8 from our council
- Steve willing to meet in small group or individually
- KCs insurance has many products to protect and reduce tax burdens
- Next meeting Oct 15th at Assumption
- Items for good of Order
- Prayers for Don Beneventi, Mary Manning in hospital
- Jason England diagnosed with Covid
- Fr Currans in Emmetsburg – prayers for healing
Meeting adjourned at 7:50pm.