Knights of Columbus Meeting (May 21, 2015)
Called to order at 7:07 pm
Opening Prayer by Dc. Tom Schenk
Roll call — absent were our Financial Secretary, Deputy Grand Knight, Treasurer and Warden.
Chaplin’s Message: The Sadducee’s did not believe in the Resurrection whereas the Pharisee’s did. Maintaining our Faith is important.
Reading of minutes from previous meeting was waived, motion by Fernandez, 2nd by Wiley.
Grand Knight’s Report: Need six more members and three new insurance to become a Star Council and we would receive a $500 Credit back from Supreme to give to charity; looking for potential new members.
District Deputy’s Report: Re-state the need to make Star Council by the end of the fraternal year. Following the State Convention, effective July 1st, new State Deputy is Jon Aldrich. Current District Deputy Slack is stepping down; our new District Deputy is Jamie McNaughton.
Treasurer’s Report: $10,608 in checking and $14,593 in endowment/CD
- Assumption Golf Tournament is July 24th at The Legacy Golf Club in Norwalk, IA, looking for volunteers to assist.
- Memorial for the unborn – committee will meet before the next council meeting.
- Hot Rods and Hogs – Committee members are K. Wiley, T Slack and D. Beneventi with meeting to take place on May 31st.
- InnerVisons HealthCare’s 4th Annual Fundraising Banquet is June 1st. Cost is $50 per person. InnerVision provides a safe environment committed to serving with compassionate and non-judgmental care focusing on Right to Life.
- The Marketing Committee has Assumption Shirts at $12, available at the end of the meeting.
- Assumption is about to gain notice with a billboard for some publicity near Hwy 141 and I-80/35, will be up for two months starting on June 21st.
- The 2nd annual Plane Pull benefitting Special Olympics Iowa is June 6th – entry fee is $50; request/motion for $50 by Schwarzkopf, 2nd by Slack, approved.
- Fr. Remi returns June 2nd and Fr. Dominic’s first mass will be August 15th – the Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, will also recognize and invite Assumption Alumni at this Mass and reception to follow.
- Appreciation/going away acknowledgement for Fr. Remi will take place on June 27th and 28th following Masses.
Nomination of Officers for the upcoming Fraternal year are:
- Advocate Joe Fernandez
- Lecturer Tom Schenk
- Outside Guard Ken Welch
- Inside Guard Dave Watznauer
- Warden Darrin Limoges
- Treasurer Paul Martin
- Recorder Merlyn Wiese
- Chancellor Jamie Wahl
- Deputy Grand Knight Kendall Geneser
- Financial Secretary Steve Rodriguez
- Grand Knight Travis Risvold
List of officers nominated — motioned by Fernandez, 2nd by Henkels, approved
Good of the Order = none, Closing Prayer by Dc. Tom Schenk
Next Meeting = June 18th
Adjourned at 7:49 pm