Knights of Columbus Minutes – July 16 2016
6:30 Rosary. 7:00 First Degree Ceremony. 5 new members.
Roll call absent were Merlyn Weise and Ken Welch
Motion to accept minutes as written – seconded and approved.
Grand Knight Report: Very honored to be the Grand Knight and know that the fruit of all the good we do will bring us to have want more people to do what we are doing.
- 54 Day Novena Aug 15th to Oct 7th. 6:30 every night of the week. Watch for other times need volunteers to lead the rosary.
- Father Dominick will be here August 7th and do mass that weekend
District Deputy Report:
- Star Council already over a third of the way.
- Mary Icon Assumption will be the host. Has been traveling around the country.
- Bike Ride taking place in Woodward can ride 6 miles up to 56. July 24th
- August 25th is the District meeting. Volunteered was Kendall and Ken.
- 24th is the Iowa Catholic Radio Picnic. Like everyone to support.
Treasurer and Financial Secretary Report: Checking is $7050 available to spend $6500. CD 14,594.
Audit has been done and all checked out. New forms for new members will take about 2 months.
- Memorial of the unborn Travis will schedule a meeting. Ready to move forward.
- Hot Rods and Hogs August 8th . 150 lbs of Pork is needed. Come help
- Also August 8th is Tootsie Roll Drive so will need all hands. Caseys and Fareway.
- Tootsie at state fair Saturday August 21st 3 PM to 9PM
- August 15th Feast of the Assumption we will help with this as well.
- August 22nd motion to fund Cookies and Lemonade for Meet and Greet at the school. Second and Approved.
- Big Thank You from the St Vincent Depaul donation. Golf outing raised a great deal of money and helped buy beds for families in need. Amazing.
- Knight gear can be ordered on line
- Sept. 18th, 19th and 20th Sierra Club Event … Check it out on line.
- Mark reed will be married on August 1st. Plans to have reception in gym. Wants help from fellow brother Knights.
- Wax gym floors on the 17th. Will be closed for a couple weeks.
- Golf Tournment find a way to support.
Good of the Order:
Pat Mullenbech broken wrist, Tony and Rose Slack loss of mother. Mike Faye, Men going on Ragbrai, Lisa Riswold safe jouney back home and finish to walking trail. Joe Henkels is not organized.
Motion to close the meeting and seconded at 8:55