(Meeting held on 7/24/2014)
Installation Mass was held @ 6:30 PM at the church, followed with a meal served at 7:40 PM at the Granger Community Center, actual meeting took place at 8:20 PM.
Roll Call: Absent were Warden – Darrin Limoges and Lecturer – Deacon Tom Schenk
Reading of the Minutes: Motion and second to accept minutes from June.
Grand Knight Report: Short discussion surrounding new fraternal year and new officers, Fr. Remi’s 20th Anniversary of Ordination on 7/26, Feast of Assumption on 8/15 with meal following Saturday Mass 8/16. Rob Manning donated the hogs, Kitt’s Locker donating the processing for the Feast of Assumption meal.
Chaplain Report: None
District Deputy: Jamie McNaughton, District Warden from the IA State Council spoke of district events and causes.
Treasurer and Financial Secretary Report: $8,997 in checking, $13,352 in CD. Roughly $900 in bills payable to Supreme and the State Council. Discussion to explore options for the CD, desire is to not auto renew next time but explore other avenues; CD had just recently renewed. Praise Festival on 6/22 profit of approximately $300.
- Hot Rod & Hogs – Volunteering, sign-up, t-shirts for 8/02/14 event, plus monetary support.
- Tootsie Roll Drive – Locations, dates and sign-up, Casey’s Granger on Saturday 8/02/14.
- Upcoming Deaconate Mass for Dennis Wright on 8/16/14
- Coats for Kids – Repeat of last year, fund $440 to provide two boxes of coats – motion, seconded and approved.
- Kids Spelling Bee – discussed briefly and tabled.
- Basketball Free Throw – Lead is Jerrod Robinson
- Granger Days – Saturday 9/20 – K of C will be present in the parade, plus pancake breakfast.
- 1st Degree is scheduled for the October meeting
- Hot Rod & Hogs – Up front donation to offset mounting expenses of $1,000 motion, seconded and approved.
- Star Council – made this distinction for the 2013 – 2014 year.
- Christ Our Life – Still need volunteers to take tickets at Wells Fargo Arena, see Jodi Bermel, plus discussed briefly the Marketing Committee update.
Good of the Order:
Meeting Closed with a prayer at 8:50