Called to order at 7:45 pm
Opening prayer by Tom Letsch
Roll call — absent were Treasurer, Outside Guard, Lecturer and Advocate
New Members – 1st Degree Luke Markway and reinstated Dick Payne – Welcome!
Reading of minutes from previous meeting was waived, motion by Robinson, 2nd by Slack.
Grand Knight’s Report: Men’s CHRP this weekend, March 22nd is a 2nd and 3rd Degree at Assumption, help is needed. Fish Fry starting up, assistance by all is needed for these very significant weekly events during Lent.
District Deputy’s Report: Would like a good showing of Knights to support the 2nd and 3rd Degree at Assumption on March 22nd. District Free Throw, Jerrod Robinson coordinator, recap plus Regional in Boone followed by State contest in late March. State Convention is April 11th and 12th. Life Savor pilot program, similar to tootsie roll drive, will take place in April and May for those interested.
Treasurer’s Report: $5,319 in checking and $14,594 in endowment CD. Bills to Grand Knight to be provided to Treasurer include: Rosary Brochures via Deacon Wright @ $370 | Request from North Polk schools for student assistance — $100 motion by Slack, 2nd by Robinson
Financial Secretary’s Report: 154 due paying members, 4 are gratuitous and 40 to 45 have yet to pay current dues. A few were double billed to account for prior year’s non-payment of dues.
- Thank you letter received from BRAG (Bike Ride Around Granger) for donation to benefit the school from the fall ride.
- Catholic Schools Week breakfast — $979 revenue, $211 expense, $768 profit – Motion to provide $800 to the school by Wiley, 2nd by Robinson.
- Spelling Bee on Feb 8th had 7 kids present.
- Right to Life March on 1/17 was well attended; all State Officers were present, marched from the State Capitol to the State Supreme Office.
- Winter Dinner Dance – Profit of $670.90 (verification needed) [60 guests for recent event compared to 80 last year and 120 guests the previous year] Funds designated for Youth Group in support of upcoming World Youth Day in Poland for the summer of 2016 to assist our attendees in transportation, etc. Motion to provide $700 in support by Watznauer, 2nd by Robinson.
- Hot Rods & Hogs – Committee needed to plan this year’s event
- State Convention – Delegates needed for the April 11th & 12th event
- Grimes Volunteer Support Service – Helpers are needed, see Tom Letsch
- Discussion about placing a memorial/monument for Unborn Children, sponsored by the Knights, to be placed by the bell tower. Lead is Bob Mullenbach, photos and potential designs were shared; cost of options shown were $2,700 and $3,046, a granite base versus cement adds $231. Motion to move forward with further investigation by Risvold, 2nd by W. Derry.
- Electric sign at NE corner of church property — mother board went bad, cost to replace approximately $2,500.
- Faith Formation and Bible Study times, discussed briefly by Tom Letsch
- Next Meeting = March 19th
Good of the Order: Two brother knights were mentioned to keep in our prayers
Adjourned at 8:38pm